Tuesday, May 17, 2011

my favorite...

My favorite thing to do as a pastor is baptize. There's nothing more rewarding than knowing that I am able to partcipate in the picture of one's public declaration of their allegiance to Jesus Christ. And nothing is better than when the church gets that picture of one moving from death to life, from sin to salvation, from self to Christ and celebrates like they should. Gone are the days of an inner joy and a half-hearted smile. Here are the days of celebration! Following baptism, the church should look like heaven when a sinner repents...see Luke 15.

I could give up alot of things about being a pastor, but the transforming power of the Gospel, and the public declarations of a new life in Christ keep me wanting to do nothing else with my life, my time, and my efforts.

No comments: